Thursday, April 10, 2014

Senior Guest Blogs

It's springtime, and our seniors are wrapping up over a year's worth of work dedicated to finding the right college to attend next year.  I thought it might be interesting to hear, in their own words, what that experience was like.  The next few posts will be a series of guest blogs from current HIES seniors.  In an effort to balance authenticity and professionalism, I've given them some general guidelines and worked with them minimally on edits.  But I've told them that these are to be their reflections on the process; I'm allowing them to use the space as they wish.  I hope the posts create an account of what it's like to navigate the college admission landscape.  I also hope the exercise might allow our seniors a moment to pause and reflect on the past year of their lives in a way they might not otherwise make time for.  If all goes well, I'm hopeful this could become something I can ask the seniors to contribute to the blog each year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment